December 25, 2014

Finally I am here..continuation

I am late again...huhu.
Well I went for 3 more exams after the Part 1 in Singapore (Jan 2014). I sat for M.Med Masters written & clinical exams in April & May respectively. Followed by MRCP Part 2a written on 9th & 10th July 2014.
All these exams were in KL - Masters being in HUKM, whereby MRCP in UM.
The trips to M.Med exams was with Rabeah; while for the on in July, I brought along my parents & little nephew, Ameer - just to take them for a trip. For exams in HUKM, on the first trip we (Suba, Rabeah and I - of course separate rooms :) stayed in a not so cozy budget hotel called "The Room Hotel" ; but on 2nd trip, we switched back to Maple Inn - which cost us RM90/room. Maple Inn was the place we stayed during Intensive Course in March.

Just to share in regards to the clinical exams which was really a "mental torture"...huhu. We (about 60 of us) were separated into few groups. I was in the so-called 2nd session group ~ which means we had to go through a period of 3 hours of quarantine prior to the exam. Whew..that was really tormenting. 3 hours of wait in a small room for an exam which is only 40minutes. I had 4 patients (just like everyone else)
1) Hepatosplenomegaly with hyperpigmentation (I think he was a Thalassemic pt)
2) B/L cerebellar disease with RT side being more dominant - really dunno what was it
3) Psoariatic arthropathy
4) MR with functional TR in failure

MRCP - Part 2 written was an exhausting exam & the questions were out of this world !!!
Firstly, all the papers only started in the evening - which is actually time to take a nap or even a good sleep! In fact 2 of the papers started at 6pm! Each lasted 3 hours & consist of 90 questions. Questions were generally long with at least 30% of them having an additional attachment (ECG, CXR, myocardial perfusion image) which we must refer to. So flipping here, flipping there. Good thing was, I did not fall asleep (as during Part 1) & I went to toilet only during one paper. As it was Ramadhan, was something memorable & enjoyable to break-fast as I answer questions. As usual, my good companions gardenia bun & soya milk were there with me.

Exams being exams are not without stress, emotional distress etc. Especially the run-in to M.Med exams were really suffocating. Thank Allah for helping me to prepare for them & as well as for giving me success in these exams.

So relieved after 10th July 2014 (that night was live telecast of Argentina vs Holland - WC Semi Final); that I was so determined to stay up & watch the match, but I slept off by half time as the game was dull & was like a lullaby to me.

Now I am taking a short break after a marathon of exams. Insyaallah shall start preparing for Paces very soon & hope can get a place next year Feb, mac or April...and hope for the best...Insyaallah.

"Cukuplah bagiku Allah (yang menolong & memeliharaku); tiada Tuhan yang berhak disembah melainkan Allah. kepada-Nya aku berserah diri & Dialah yang mempunyai arasy yang besar"
- At-Taubah 9 : 129 -

No comments: